A player will be ineligible to play during the season if he is under 18 years of age. A player is eligible to participate on only one team per night. A player cannot transfer to any other team within the same league.
The playing field shall be a 50-yard X 35-yard rectangle with 7-yard-deep end zones. The field of play shall be divided into four 25 yard zones. On each side of the field, a team area is designated between the 15 yard lines for the exclusive use of the team, coaches, and authorized team personnel.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS
Eight participants shall constitute a team. A team must have seven (7) players at the scheduled starting time to begin play. A team unable to field seven (7) players when the game is scheduled to begin will forfeit. A team forfeiting three games for this reason shall be dropped from the league without a refund of their fee.
The entry fee of $350.00 and $25.00 per player on roster must be turned in to CSC. This is good for 7 regular season games and 1 Guaranteed playoff game. There is a 10% penalty fee (minimum $20.00) for any NSF check returned. NSF check is to be made good along with penalty in cash.
OFFICIAL TEAM ROSTERS
There is no limit to the number of players on a roster.
Teams may protest on the grounds of player eligibility and rule applications only. All protests must be made by the team manager. There is no limit to protest player eligibility. Protest on rule applications must be made at the point during the game in which there is a disagreement. A ruling will be made by the Event Manager on duty.
LENGTH OF GAMES
Two 20 minute (running time) halves shall constitute a game. Half time will be five (5) minutes in duration. The clock will not be stopped for incomplete forward passes, out of bounds plays, for enforcement of penalties, extra points or substitutions. The clock will stop for timeouts or for serious injuries where the Referee deems it appropriate to stop the clock.
There will be no “grace time” for forfeits. A team must have seven (7) players at the scheduled starting time to begin play. At no time can a team play or continue a game with fewer than seven (7) players.
The following are in addition to penalties noted in the USSSA Flag Football Rulebook accompanying these CSC exceptions.
- Required equipment worn illegally – 5 yards
- Interlocked legs on scrimmage lines – 5 yards
- Player on scrimmage line receiving snap – 5 yards
- Delaying the start of either half – 10 yards
- Illegally secured belt on a touchdown – 10 yards + loss of down
- Spiking, kicking, or throwing ball during dead ball – 10 yards
- Unnecessary roughness of any nature – 10 yards
- Interlocked Interference – 10 yards
The following are in addition to the USSSA Flag Football Rulebook accompanying these CSC exceptions
- A player without flags is eligible to handle ball but is considered down immediately upon possessing the ball
The following are in addition to or reiteration of procedures as noted in the USSSA Flag Football Rulebook accompanying these CSC exceptions.
- All pass interceptions received in the end zone may not be advanced. They are automatic touchbacks and are put in play at the 15 yard line.
EJECTION AND SUSPENSION
- All players should strive to avoid excessive roughness. Tackling or pushing a ball carrier out of bounds instead of securing his flags, clipping, throwing forearms, tripping, striking in the head or throat, unnecessary roughness, illegal blocking, etc., all carry 10 yard penalties. If any of these are flagrant or recurring, it may result in a player being suspended from the contest. All persons engaged in fighting will be suspended until a decision is made by CSC Management.
- Cursing and undue or continuous baiting of an official is unsportsmanlike conduct and carries a 10-yard penalty for each offense. Recurring violations may result in the ejection of a player from the game.
- The officials have the right to forfeit a game for failure to resume play. For delay of game, or any action by a player or team which would handicap the completion of the game.
- Players ejected at any time from the game for unsportsmanlike conduct will not be permitted to participate in nor sit in the confinements of the team area in the net game his team actually participates in. Any players ejected in his team’s last game of the regular season or any playoff game or or a second time during the regular season will receive a suspension that is deemed appropriate by the CSC Director or Assistant. This suspension may range from one (1) game to forever. Use of a disqualified player will result in an automatic forfeit. Unsportsmanlike conduct includes fighting, taunting, undue or continuous baiting of an official, cursing, unnecessary roughness (flagrant or recurring), and all other actions which hinder the officials in officiating and any actions which tend to make a travesty of the game.
- Any player(s) who physically strikes or in any way harms or causes harm to any game official or official’s personal belongings or program participant either on the playing field or in the vicinity of the playing field before, during or after a game may cause his team to be suspended from the program for the remainder of the season. The individual penalty will be assessed upon review of the incident by the CSC Director or Assistant.
- Ejection and suspension letter will be mailed to both the suspended player and his team’s coach informing both of all actions taken.
PELICAN PARK RESPONSIBILITY
There is no insurance carried on the participants in this program. All participants in this program do so at their own risk. Neither the City of Carencro, nor CSC can be held responsible for any injury to players, officials, or coaches during the season. CSC encourages all teams to setup their own insurance for player protection.
IF ANYONE BELIEVES HE OR SHE HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR OR NATIONAL ORIGIN, HE OR SHE MAY FILE A COMPLAINT ALLEGING DISCRIMINATION WITH EITHER PELICAN PARK OR THE OFFICE OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, WASHINGTON. D.C. 20240.